Canada’s largest youth-led HIV/AIDS charity is out there for briefings and interviews
TORONTO, ON, CANADA, February 13, 2023 /EINPresswire.com/ — WHAT:
Canada marks Sexual and Reproductive Well being Week yearly, happening February 13 – 17 this 12 months. The annual marketing campaign is designed to boost consciousness about sexual and reproductive well being. Sexual well being is an intrinsic a part of optimistic bodily, psychological and emotional well being. Optimistic sexual well being begins with stigma and bias-free sexual schooling. As Canada’s largest youth-led HIV/AIDS charity, LetsStopAIDS is discussing the gaps in how info is distributed throughout the schooling panorama.
– Colleges ship inconsistent ranges of the sex-ed program and a few colleges systemically shrink back from matters.
– Equally, academics who do not feel comfy having these conversations with college students skip over them throughout classes.
– Floor-level educating leaves youth uninformed about their sexual well being.
– There’s a tendency in class packages to focus extra on abstinence quite than secure prevention.
– Unconscious bias impacts schooling, particularly for sexual orientation and gender.
Recognizing youth as central to ending the HIV/AIDS epidemic by 2030, LetsStopAIDS is advocating for the next:
– Accessible, youth-friendly sexual well being schooling about HIV testing, stigma and the significance of figuring out one’s sexual well being standing.
– Elimination of the institutional boundaries reinforcing well being inequality, impeding entry to care and therapy amongst essentially the most remoted, susceptible and marginalized communities.
– Improved entry to HIV testing to achieve underserved and undiagnosed communities by implementing new and scaling-up present HIV testing modalities.
– Free, common entry to antiretroviral therapies for individuals residing with HIV and to pre-exposure prophylaxis or PrEP to scale back HIV transmission.
– Growth of culturally applicable care pathways for individuals residing with HIV to entry of their communities.
LetsStopAIDS is Canada’s largest youth-focused HIV charity. The group identifies and advocates for the deepest wants of youth affected by HIV by fostering management abilities, supplementing gaps in sexual schooling and appearing as a conduit between youth and policymakers.
LetsStopAIDS spokespeople can be found for briefings and interviews throughout Sexual and Reproductive Well being Consciousness Week, occurring from February 13 – 17.
Matters they’ll converse to incorporate:
– Gaps in sexual schooling for Canadian youth.
– Sexual well being habits of Canadian youth.
– Frequent risk-taking sexual behaviours amongst Canadian youth.
– The connection between sexual well being and psychological well-being for Canadian youth.
LetsStopAIDS is Canada’s largest youth-driven charity centered on HIV prevention and information trade. Based in 2004 by then 15-year-old Shamin Mohamed Jr., LetsStopAIDS conjures up youth in Canada and globally to play a significant function in ending the AIDS epidemic by 2030. By its quite a few packages, LetsStopAIDS conjures up younger individuals affected by HIV to take motion inside their native communities, striving to realize zero new youth-HIV infections. Be taught extra at letsstopaids.org.
416 231-2333 ext. 450
+1 416-515-7667 ext. 703