Very like the work we do, papel picado ‒ the inspiration for our 2022 annual studies ‒ embodies ability, magnificence, creativity and problem. Its intricate designs echo the complexity of our missions. Its colour and creativity symbolize the variety, vibrance, expertise, dedication and generosity of these we serve in our binational, tri-state area.
Within the magnificence and spirit of papel picado, we’re happy to share the impression of our work in 2022, in partnership with a whole lot of nonprofit organizations and neighborhood companions to enhance well being, training, social providers, financial improvement and high quality of life within the area.
Collectively, the Paso del Norte Well being Basis and Paso del Norte Neighborhood Basis awarded a mixed $33.7 million in grants and charitable bills in 2022, bringing complete grantmaking since inception in 1995 to $324.6 million, ending the 12 months with a mixed $300.4 million in belongings. The Fundación Paso del Norte mobilized an extra $1,153,598.
Paso del Norte Well being Basis’s 3 precedence areas
The Paso del Norte Well being Basis focuses its grantmaking in three precedence areas: Wholesome Residing, Illness Prevention and Administration, and Well being Management. In 2022, the Well being Basis invested a report $13.7 million in grants and charitable bills supporting 116 grantees and bringing complete grantmaking to greater than $237 million since inception. Moreover, the Well being Basis obtained a beneficiant $15 million present from MacKenzie Scott, which can thoughtfully be invested in the neighborhood over the subsequent few years.
· Wholesome Residing ‒ invested $4.9 million in grants to 55 entities to extend high quality applications for youth, educate dad and mom and educators to cut back teen vaping, and assemble new path segments.
· Illness Prevention and Administration ‒ awarded $3.7 million by way of 40 grants to stop diabetes and psychological sickness. This included work with the Diabetes Alliance to increase consciousness of academic sources and promote the Diabetes, Now What? marketing campaign, and help for the El Paso Behavioral Well being Consortium in partnership with Paso del Norte Heart on the Meadows Psychological Well being Coverage Institute.
· Well being Management ‒ offered $2.7 million to help 21 grants to help management improvement for executives, boards of administrators, and nonprofit organizations. Leverage sources by way of partnerships, put money into strategic initiatives and catalytic tasks, and reply to fast wants for advantage of the area’s well being.
Paso del Norte Neighborhood Basis’s 4 precedence areas
The Paso del Norte Neighborhood Basis focuses on 4 precedence areas: Philanthropic Giving, Nonprofit Funding, Neighborhood Initiatives, and Neighborhood Resilience. In 2022, the Neighborhood Basis obtained $23.7 million in contributions from 8,153 donors for greater than 200 charitable funds, investing $19.9 million in grants and charitable bills and bringing to grantmaking since inception in 2013 to $87.6 million.
· Philanthropic Giving – welcomed 26 new funds to our neighborhood of philanthropy and grew endowment belongings as a part of greater than 200 Donor-Suggested and Designated Funds to $14 million. Over $200,000 in scholarships had been awarded in partnership with 38 scholarship funds.
· Neighborhood Initiatives – partnered with town of El Paso and the El Paso Artwork Museum Basis to help design and neighborhood engagement for the Downtown Deck Plaza and Star Ceiling tasks, respectively.
· Nonprofit Funding – hosted the second annual Nonprofit Convention: Reimagine!, led an inaugural Gator Tank, a fast-pitched competitors meant to bolster native nonprofits with probabilities to win as much as $18,000 in money prizes, and raised $1.2 million for 222 nonprofit organizations.
· Neighborhood Resilience – in partnership with town and El Paso County, offered $12 million in rental help as a part of the EP Lease Assist program, bringing complete rental help to $38 million for over 8,500 tenants in want from 2020-22.
The Fundación Paso del Norte was established in 2015 to leverage partnerships and sources to enhance high quality of life in Juárez and additional binational philanthropy. In 2022, the Fundación linked and impressed greater than 170 donors and companions, mobilizing $1,153,598.
· Investing in High quality of Life – with beneficiant matching fund help from the Hunt Household Basis, partnered with FICOSEC to ascertain a everlasting fund to collectively make investments $494,000 in applications to stop gender violence. The Fundación’s Problem Grant supported eight organizations with greater than $138,000 in grants and matching funds. Granted an extra $210,000 from our training, tradition and COVID-19 response designated funds.
· Excessive-impact Initiatives – launched a second cohort of REALIZE Govt in Juárez to offer coaching to 18 nonprofit leaders, hosted a convention for ladies’s empowerment, and arranged the seventh annual Juárez en Acción marketing campaign, with a report participation of 19,273 volunteers.
· World Imaginative and prescient – established a partnership with the Belgian My Machine World Basis and Microsoft to interact elementary faculty college students in STEM training. Traveled to Peru to coach over 400 coaches as a part of our Escuelas de Bienestar initiative.
A particular because of our board members, employees, donors, grantees, and companions to your management, generosity, belief, collaboration, and dedication to the well being and way forward for our area.
We invite you to be taught extra about our neighborhood impression, grantmaking, companions, funds, investments, monetary statements, and extra, by way of our on-line 2022 Annual Studies at pdnfoundation.data.
Tracy J. Yellen is CEO of the Paso del Norte Well being Basis and Paso del Norte Neighborhood Basis. She could also be reached at [email protected] and 915-218-2615.